We are recruiting Working Young Adults aged 18-30 years to create 10 Young Lives films
- Are you 18 – 30 years old?
- Do you work for at least 30 hours each week?
- Would you be interested in making a mini film about you and your job to inspire young people who are just starting their careers journey?
- Would you like to have a professionally edited short film to add to your CV? Each selected Young Lives film maker will receive £50 for taking part.
Equal Vision are recruiting 10 young adults aged 18-30 to work with New Leaf Films to produce a short film about their job to be viewed by young people taking part in the Curiosity Museum Online careers programme.
What do we need from you?
- Enthusiasm about your experience of working in one of the job areas below
- Basic knowledge, skills and equipment in mobile phone film making
- Confidence to be yourself on camera
- Watch our filmmaking guide and complete a creative briefing task in a lunch-break or evening
- Film your ten clips over the course of one working day
- Select one day between 12th -25th April to complete your filming and tell your story
What do you get from us?
- We will edit your films into a short film so you don’t need to have those skills
- A short professionally produced film to add to your CV
- Full training via digital workshop and live in-person support
- Participants will be paid £50 each when film clips have been submitted
Find out more about which jobs are within each area by visiting the National Careers Service website.
Administration, Animal Care, Beauty & Wellbeing, Business & Finance, Computing, Tech & Digital, Construction, Creative & Media, Delivery & Storage, Emergency & Uniform Services, Engineering & Maintenance, Environment & Land, Government Services, Healthcare, Home Services, Hospitality & Food, Law & Legal, Managerial, Manufacturing, Retail & Sales, Science & Research, Social Care, Sports & Leisure, Teaching & Education, Transport, Travel & Tourism.
How to apply:
To apply, send us a short film of no more than 60-90 seconds or a letter on 1 side of A4 telling us:
- Your name and age
- What job you do and which job area it is in
- Why you would like to be chosen to make a Young Lives mini films
Submit your application film or letter to [email protected] by midnight on Sun 4th April.
We’ll let you know of you’ve been successful by Thurs 8th April.
Download Young Lives Film instructions.